Lessons from NAIA’s Monday mess
My flight home from Kansai Osaka International Airport was due to arrive at NAIA around 1 p.m. last Monday. Before 12:30 the pilot announced we were about 100 nautical miles away from Manila, but we were number 17 in the long line of aircrafts trying to land or take off.
Tugade bares transport plan in first 100 days
TRANSPORTATION Chief Arthur P. Tugade outlined his priorities for the transportation sector in his first 100 days in office, among them, reiterating calls for special laws to extend the agency’s managerial authority in resolving the country’s traffic crisis.
Cebu Pacific saves fuel with SkyBreathe
Cebu Pacific (CEB) has chosen OpenAirlines’ solution to save fuel and reduce its carbon dioxide emission per flight. CEB is OpenAirline’s launch customer in the Asia Pacific region.
From heaven to hell
I went on a semi-business trip to Hawaii where I spent several days meeting some people, but also enjoyed the cool, pleasant weather that predominates the whole year because of the trade winds blowing all over the islands. The warm sun and the crystal clear waters are just some of the reasons why tourists from all over the world flock to this place which, as I told my American associates, is like a piece of heaven on earth.
DOT apologizes for damaged runway
MANILA, Philippines – Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade yesterday apologized to airline passengers for the closure of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) runway in Pasay City that caused delayed and cancelled flights, saying repairs were necessary to ensure their safety and security.
- Damaged runway paralyzes NAIA
- NAIA runway shutdown disrupts flights
- PAL starts seat upgrade program
- Asia’s Budget-Airline King Splurges on Planes to Retain Lead
- Plan to develop new airport in Cavite lauded
- City council asks for more flights to Davao
- PH AirAsia names Comendador new chief executive
- PAL mulls add’l flights to China
- Airlines tapped to maintain restrooms at NAIA
- Thai Airways unit starts Cebu-Bangkok route in October