Cebu Pacific sees 18% hike in passenger volume
MANILA, Philippines - Budget airline Cebu Air Inc. (Cebu Pacific) sees volume of passengers increasing by 18 percent during the All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day weekend.
Singapore group wins bid for $1.4-B new Myanmar airport
AirAsia Group CEO Fernandes named ‘Brand Builder of the Year’
London – The 2014 World Branding Awards gave special recognition to Tony Fernandes, AirAsia Group CEO, naming him “Brand Builder of the Year” for his outstanding work in building the low cost airline brand.
Singapore Airlines signals budget determination with Tiger takeover
(Reuters) - Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA) (SIAL.SI) is injecting cash into money-losing Tiger Airways Ltd (TAHL.SI), signalling its resolve to persevere in the low-cost segment even after the budget affiliate bowed out of three regional markets.
The 2nd runway in MCIA approved but…
Ten days ago, former Cebu governor now Representative Gwen Garcia texted me a report saying, “Hi Bobit, Just wanted to report that HB 1080, entitled “An Act Providing for the Establishment and Construction of a Second Runway at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority with its Concomitant Access Taxiways and Rapid Exit Taxiways (RET), Runway Lighting Systems, and Navigational/Landing Equipment, and Appropriating Funds Therefore” is scheduled for its 3rd reading today.” Honestly, I didn’t write this right away because we have somehow lost faith in this Congress to move forward.
- CA rules in favor of Clark project
- Clark Airport working to add flights to Mindanao
- No third runway for NAIA
- PAL set to expand flights from Cebu to Osaka and Tokyo in December
- AirAsia Zest frustrated with CAAP, DPWH
- Cebu Pacific to launch Cebu-Tokyo direct flights in March
- PAL expands reach to include more US cities
- AirAsia Zest evaluating more BIMP-EAGA flights
- Tan starts offer for PAL shares
- Dragonair named ‘Best Regional Airline’ for fifth consecutive year