Tan starts offer for PAL shares
Group uses same terms in acquiring SMC stake
By Miguel R. Camus | Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines–Businessman Lucio Tan on Wednesday launched a voluntary tender offer priced at a sharp discount to buy out minority shareholders of flag carrier Philippine Airlines and its listed owner PAL Holdings Inc., according to a regulatory filing.
Dragonair named ‘Best Regional Airline’ for fifth consecutive year
Dragonair has once again been named ‘Best Regional Airline’ at the 25th Annual TTG Travel Awards Ceremony held this year in Bangkok, making it the carrier’s fifth consecutive year to be given this honor.
After huge jet orders, budget airlines eye rich seam of aircraft leasing
SINGAPORE/PARIS, Oct 22 (Reuters) - From Scandinavia to Southeast Asia, low-cost airlines have ordered record numbers of planes in recent years, redefining the jet industry. Now they plan to lease out scores of their new planes, re-ordering the aviation business all over again.
PAL Holdings buyout offer set at P1.19
COMPANIES associated with Lucio C. Tan have offered to buy out minority shareholders in PAL Holdings, Inc. and Philippine Airlines, Inc. at P1.19 per share and P0.31 per share, respectively, not later than Nov. 26, PAL Holdings said in a brief disclosure on Wednesday.
Fast Travel initiative gains momentum in Asia-Pacific destinations
- Gov’t to continue operating NAIA-3
- NAIA no longer worst airport – travelers’ poll
- Cebu Pacific, PAL studying new HK seat capacities
- PH set to hold air rights talks with Malaysia on Oct. 28-29
- PAL to seek codeshare deal with Ethiopian Airlines
- PAL eyes strategic partner for US, Europe expansion
- First comm’l Airbus A380 flight lands in NAIA3
- PAL flight expansion to focus on US rather than EU
- PAL studying deferred Airbus deliveries
- Cebu Pacific inaugurates Riyadh service