Common sense and NAIA congestion
I have been talking to a lot of experts in aviation the past few weeks, including experienced pilots on the congestion problem at NAIA. I am getting the impression that the best solutions with the most immediate impact involve creative thinking, not more big ticket capex.
Mr. Passenger Bill of Rights
Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) executive director Carmelo “Teying” Arcilla will share his expertise and experiences with legal experts in the airline industry at the ongoing 2015 IATA (International Air Transport Association) Legal Symposium in Seoul, South Korea. The yearly symposium is considered as “the world’s principal aviation law conference” with legal counsel from airlines, private practitioners and government lawyers taking part in the three-day conference. Arcilla (a lawyer by profession) was chosen as a panelist for the forum on “Consumer Protection in Asia.” The topic should be right up his alley since he has earned the reputation of being “Mr. Passenger Bill of Rights.”
No Airbus flights once Tacloban airport repairs resume
TACLOBAN CITY -- The Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport runway will be closed again to Airbus flights within the first half of this year to give way to repairs.
DOTC splits P128-B airport projects
MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) has divided the bidding for the operation and maintenance (O&M) of six provincial airports worth P128 billion into two packages.
AirAsia launches Asean Pass for seamless travel in region
Bangkok, Thailand – Today it’s ASEAN; tomorrow, it’s the rest of Asia, says AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.
- Cebu Pacific sells 6 planes
- Cebu Pacific signs deal to sell 6 Airbus A319 aircraft to Allegiant
- AirAsia CEO banking on Philippines as airline reels from disaster
- AirAsia forges share purchase agreement with Expedia
- PAL offers new service to online ticket buyers
- Lufthansa Scraps Dividend as Pensions, Disposal Cut Profit
- Mactan airport upgrade completion moved back to May 2018
- Phl, Singapore sign air agreement
- AirAsia to offer ASEAN Pass in Philippines this month
- Senate to oppose OFW payment of terminal fee via tickets