Cebu Pacific buying 16 ATR planes for $673 M
MANILA, Philippines - Budget airline Cebu Air Inc. (Cebu Pacific) of taipan John Gokongwei is spending $673 million to acquire 16 more brand new aircraft from Toulouse-based turboprop aircraft maker ATR to meet the growing demand for inter-island services in the Philippines.
MIAA, airlines finalize plans for APEC meet
MANILA, Philippines - The government and airline operators have started finalizing a plan in preparation for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders’ summit that will be attended by various heads of states in the Philippines in November.
CebuPac beefs up fleet
CEBU Pacific Air, the country’s biggest budget airline, is looking to at least double its fleet of short-range aircraft as it placed an order for next-generation planes from French-Italian plane maker ATR during the Paris Air show.
PAL Express plans services to Saipan
PAL Express (PALex) may soon make Saipan its next destination.
Cebu Air shops for $673-M turboprop planes at Paris expo
CEBU AIR, Inc., operator of budget carrier Cebu Pacific, went shopping for new planes at a Paris expo and said it placed an order for 16 ATR 72-600 in a $673-million deal with European turboprop aircraft manufacturer ATR.
- CEB eyes further long-haul network expansion in 2015
- AirAsia to raise funds via debt issue, jet sale
- ANA, United Airlines launch travel program for SMEs
- PAL plans to buy 2 more planes for long-haul flights
- PAL to beef up US service with 777, A350 jets
- CAAP may downgrade aircraft operations at Dumaguete Airport
- CAAP lifts SkyJet Airlines’ suspension
- Traveling by plane is safer than ever, IATA assures
- Airlines urged to set up full contingency plans
- Security issues of US agency on NAIA can be easily rectified — MIAA